Businesses rely more and more on digital interactions to keep their finger on the pulse of their business. As one of the largest venues for consumer opinion, Yelp is excited to announce a new (and much more portable) way for business owners to connect with their customers — a Yelp for Business Owners app!
As of today, business owners can download the new Yelp for Business Owners app for iOS or Android, designed to make it easier for business owners to engage with their customers and manage their Yelp reputation on the go. We’re excited to deliver a way for businesses to get real-time mobile notifications of new Yelp messages and reviews, and facilitate faster response times to consumers.
The new Yelp for Business Owners app for iOS
Since launching in June of 2014, consumers are now sending an average of 55,000 messages each month to businesses through our free Message the Business tool. With more than 64% percent of Yelp searches done on mobile and 73 million monthly unique visitors using Yelp via their mobile device as of Q3 2014, it’s clear there’s a demand to conduct these conversations on the go.
In addition to providing business owners with convenient, real-time push notifications of reviews and messages on Yelp, they can also use the app to:
- View Yelp Business Page activity including the number of user views and customer leads they have generated over the past 30 days
- Respond to reviews by sending a direct message or posting a public comment
- Respond to customer inquiries from the Message the Business and Request A Quote features
- View reports on ad clicks from Yelp users (advertisers only)
- Upload photos of your business
- Upload a photo of yourself to start responding to your Yelp reviews
- Flag reviews, messages, and photos
Business owners can download the app today from the iOS or Android app stores and will want to watch this video tutorial to get acquainted with all the features available on the Yelp for Business Owners mobile app:
The app is available in all 29 countries where Yelp has a presence, in all 16 languages. We’re excited to take this step in making Yelp more accessible and easy to use for business owners, and we plan to add additional features to the app in the near future.